July 18, 2010

Inception

Inception. A noun, and referring to Collins English Dictionary, it means the beginning, as of a project or undertaking.

The inception of war, the inception of a story... The inception of a dream.

Dream. Speaking of dream, have you felt that sometimes, your idea came from your dream?

If you have felt it, then you probably understand about Christopher Nolan's latest blockbuster movie, Inception.

Ladies and gentlemen, the idea of inception is creating the beginning of something, like an idea.

The idea is like a seed, planted in one's mind and it'll grew by itself, knowing or unknowingly by the person. It is so complex, so random and you might actually felt that, the idea perhaps came from out of no where.

It does have a source. A very unexpected source. Your dream.

Yes, the dream. The very simplest source of projecting the idea, and it makes you wonder when you woke up from a dream, you might have that 'something' you wished to share or tell people about it. People would be awed by the idea you received, and they might asked you this kind of question;

"Where did you got the idea?"

And your answer probably;

"It's from my dream."

They might laughed, left in questions or maybe scratching their heads trying to believe of what you just said. My advice? Don't mind them.

Little do you know, but while we were in sleep, our mind still working, processing the supposed idea, and generates new idea from it. As I said before, (idea) like a seed, grew by itself and helped by the aid of the memory we might have or simply, 'someone just put that in my head'.

The mind processes the information gain through experience (memories) and that helps the person to gain new idea. Of course, the mind somehow wasn't used full of it's capacity, or perhaps, won't. But, when the idea was planted or created, that's when the brain starts to move.

For an example, I had an assignment to be done. I had to make a lot of research and reads references which are required in order to finish the task. I work for it for 4 hours, and at night, I go to sleep. While I am sleeping, the work I did earlier will be revised back again by my mind, which then, when I wake up, I may have the solution flashes right in front of my eyes.

Unlike the movie, Leonardo and co. acted as the 'thing' who are planting 'ideas' or, back then, 'steal' the idea. It was said, the USA military used this dream training to improve their aiming, hand-to-hand combat and whatsoever on. Well, the practice was modernized and presented in the movie.

All what I have to say is, Inception will likely be my favourite movie of all time, along with Gladiator, Pirates of Carribean, The Dark Knight, and so on. I really enjoyed watching it and can't wait to have the movie in DVD or by downloading it.

Well. I recommend all of you to watch this masterpiece. It is really worthy, and enjoyable experience too. I wanted to look at your face after the show. Two of my friends already went speechless with that movie.

Until then. Have a nice day people, and...

Sweet dreams.

No comments: